Monday, April 15, 2013

Introduction to this blog and the Race Car Setup process

In all sources about Race Car Setup (being those webpages or books,) the process of setting up a car for attaining the best possible performance from both the car and the driver on a specific track is explained mostly as being a craft. It is, indeed.

However, as an engineer myself, I fail to accept this approach. And since and engineering approach is not very accessible for may hobbyists, I set myself to the task of creating this blog to publish the learning I will acquire on the process of converting the Race Car Setup from a craft into an engineering, on accessible terms.

The contents of this blog will be modified with time, and each iteration will construct on previous results, just as a regular research. Those with a research background will feel comfortable with the contents of this site. 

For those of you without such background, if the contents of this site is of interest for you, but you still can not understand the material to its fullest, feel free to write me requesting a proper explanation, your request would make me rewrite the material in a more accessible fashion.

Lastly, I must disclaim I am not a Mechanical Engineer, nor a professional on the field of Motorsports, just an Electrical Engineer with a passion and deep interest on the topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment